SailPass is coming!
SailPass will be introduced at Fremantle Sailing Club from January 1, 2022 to enable non-members to discover sailing in a safe, fun and affordable way! It will aid in safety management across our events by providing the ability to know how many people may be participating on the water at any time and who to contact in case of an emergency.
For more information about SailPass, please contact the Sailing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who needs a SailPass?
How do I access SailPass?
What is the cost?
*Fremantle Sailing Club reserves the right to implement charges and/or usage limits in the future after March 2022.
For Members & SailPass
We will be introducing the ‘MemberPoint’ App (available from January 2022), which can be downloaded from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play. The benefits of the MemberPoint will:
- Allows skippers and crew to register for events/races
- Identify and find crew (links directly with TopYacht)
- Provides safety knowing who is on the water
- Provides access to Member accounts
Frequently Asked Questions
No – However, as per 2020-2021 Blue Book Racing Rules of Sailing, Section 46, from 1st January 2022, all persons on board a boat while racing shall be members of a Club affiliated to Australian Sailing and have an Australian Sailing Number, or hold a valid Sail Pass, or if an international competitor, be a member of a club affiliated to a World Sailing recognised Member National Authority.
- There is a significant safety benefit for all involved if crew sign-on for club on-water activities. The club knows who is on the water participating and the emergency contact details for each person should there be an incident.
- If your crew are club members or hold a valid SailPass, then they will be covered by the Australian Sailing Personal Accident Insurance.
- Sailing is a self-policing sport and your crew are required to be club members or hold a SailPass to comply with the Racing Rules of Sailing.
There will be no cost for the coming season ending March 2022 or limit to the number of passes you can have, but you need to take out a pass for each date you wish to participate. However, Fremantle Sailing Club reserves the right to implement charges and/or usage limits in future after March 2022.
- You automatically (i.e. no application/medical required) receive insurance cover from Australian Sailing full information on the Australian Sailing Resources website www.sailingresources.org.au
- Your skipper/crew are able to add you as a person on board (Crew Sign-on) for the event or race, and this provides significant safety and risk benefits to the skipper in charge and the club.
Yes, after clicking ‘add’ or ‘remove’ next to the applicable crew member, just click ‘submit’ again.
No – SailPass is for single participation only.
- Yes. You need to have a valid pass for each date that you wish to participate.
- The first time you use the SailPass system, you will need to complete the registration. You will then receive an email with the login details for future uses.
- There is no need to complete all your personal details again for future passes, you will simply open the app, select Fremantle Sailing Club and log in. Then take out a pass for the date you wish to participate.
A SailPass from Fremantle Sailing Club is valid only for a race/event where this club is the Organising Authority.
- The purpose of the SailPass system is to allow new participants to try sailing. They can be reassured that they are covered by the Australian Sailing personal accident insurance, the boat they are racing on is complying with the rules of the sport and they are assisting with a key part of safety on the water by being signed-on as a person on board for the activity.
- If you decide you enjoy the sport and would like to continue using the facilities of Fremantle Sailing Club, we encourage you to discuss membership options with us. To find out more about membership at the Club, sailing courses and other activities, please contact our Membership Coordinator for assistance.