How to become a Member
It is easy to become a Member of the Club, simply fill out an Enquiry form and our Membership Coordinator will get in touch with you. The following process below must be completed in full to commence the Membership process and approval by the Board of Management.
All Applicants must be nominated by a Proposer and Seconder who are Full Members (Senior, Permanent Financial or Life) of Fremantle Sailing Club and if possible, provide a meaningful written reference to support the applicant.
All applicants are required to attend a briefing conducted by two members of the Board of Management. These briefings are conducted on a Wednesday of each month and take approximately 45 minutes. Applicants will be advised via email of a date and time. Any applicant unable to attend will be held over to the next month.
Membership Applications are considered for approval by the Membership Committee and then at the Board of Management meeting conducted on the last Thursday of each month. Applicants not approved for Membership are informed in writing and all fees paid are refunded.
New Probationary Members are required to participate in a range of Club Activities, accruing a minimum of 20 points within 12 months of joining the Club. To qualify, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Attendance at one Club General Meeting is compulsory – 3 points
- Accrue 20 points within 12 months
- A Club activity is any event or meeting organized by any section of the Club or by the Club itself
- A water-based event would be any race, including J&M, Twilight or any organised Cruise or Power Yacht event, Angling, Game Fishing or Dive Section outings or on-water clinics, or any duty on a start boat.
Upon receipt of the completed Activity Record Statement book, it will be verified and, if all requirements are met, your membership will be upgraded to Senior Membership status once approved by the Board.
- Boats are subject to partnership – all partners must comply with the Fremantle Sailing Club Constitution, Rules and be Senior Members.
- All boats must display the letters FSC or the words Fremantle Sailing Club on their stern
- All yachts must display official FSC Sail Numbers
- All boats must comply with the safety and mooring regulations as detailed in the Fremantle Sailing Club Rules
- Members are responsible for the behavior of their guests
- Senior (over 25 years) and General Members are required to participate in the House Support Scheme involving payment of $480, payable of $240 every 6 months.
- Participation in Club Events (especially Opening Day Sail Past and the Harbour Clean-up)
- All Applicants will be required to attend a 30 minute ‘New Member Briefing’ before being issued with their keys/ passes etc.
For more information, please contact our Membership Coordinator at email@example.com