Senior/ Probationary Senior Membership
Senior/ Probationary Senior FAQs
New Probationary members are required to participate in a range of Club activities, accruing a minimum of 20 points within 12 months of joining before they can upgrade to Senior membership. Should you complete your Probationary requirements before then, so much the better.
- Receive Loyalty discounts on Galley Restaurant and Club Bar purchases, merchandise, and club events
- Make full use and enjoyment of the Clubhouse and other facilities.
- Participate in any Club activity as a skipper or crew member on any boat on the Club’s register.
- Use dinghy-launching ramps provided such usage is for sailing dinghy related activities.
- Lease or occupy facilities within the Dinghy Racing Section, only for sailing dinghy related activities.
- Have a boat on the Dinghy Racing Section Register.
- Be a member of any Activity Section or Administrative Committee.
- Hold the position of Section Captain, if so endorsed by the Board (Constitution 24c refers).
- Have a boat on the Club Register.
- Sub-lease or rent facilities (pens, hardstand, garages, etc) made available by the Club from time to time.
- Use launching ramps at a cost.
- Fueling facilities [use with member credit card]
- Work service areas.
- Vote at General Meetings and for the election of members of the Board of Management.
- Spouse/Partner: Senior Members can apply for their spouse/partner to become General Linked Member. This category is exempt from annual fees. $30 is payable if a Fob Key is required.
NEW MEMBERS WELCOME EVENING
Once a date and time is set a ‘New Member Briefing’ will be held. This briefing will include a power point presentation and is an opportunity to meet other new members. New members will then be issued with their ‘New Member Packs’ including fob keys, membership cards, car parking permits etc.
All nominations are posted to the Notice board for 14 days and submitted to the Board of Management for approval.
- Annual subscription applicable from 1st July to 30th June each year
- House Support [invoiced half yearly in June and December]
- PLUS any Annual Pen, Hardstand fees or RAMP PERMIT
The House Support Scheme operates to encourage member’s participation in the Galley Restaurant, Club Bar, and merchandise. A HSS (House Support) levy applies per year invoiced half yearly as set out below.
Once paid each half must be redeemed within six months. Any unused house support does not carry over and will therefore be forfeited. This system is run electronically using your access (fob) key to make purchases.
House support Part 1 once paid valid from 1st Jan – 30th June each year
House support Part 2 once paid valid from 1st July – 31st Dec each year