Once payment processed, members can start using the Club. Your fob key, member card and car sticker will be issued in due course and the following steps will then apply.
New members are required to attend a New Members’ briefing, hosted once a month by two members of the Board of Management. This provides essential information about the Club and an opportunity to ask any questions. Applicants will be advised by email of a date and time for their attendance.
New members are required to attend. At this briefing you will be introduced to the Commodore and meet the Board of Management, activity section representatives and other new members. These evenings are held every four months. Any applicant unable to attend their scheduled invitation will be re-invited to next briefing.
- Make full use and enjoyment of the Clubhouse and other facilities
- Participate in any Club sailing activity as a crew member on any boat on the Club’s register
- 10% discount on food & beverage and merchandise
- Parking at Fremantle Sailing Club
- Crew members enjoy inshore, offshore and dinghy racing privileges only
- Required to participate in a minimum of ten sailing events as a crew person in the respective membership year
The House Support Scheme operates to encourage member’s participation in the Restaurant, Bar and merchandise. A $240 HSS levy applies per year invoiced half yearly as set out below. Once paid each half must be redeemed within six months. Any unused house support does not carry over and will therefore be forfeited.
This system is run electronically using your access (fob) key to make purchases.
House support Part 1 once paid valid from 1st Jan – 30th June each year
House support Part 2 once paid valid from 1st July – 31st Dec each year